Skip to content

Evans eyeing special time

first_img “Preparation so far has been good. I am not looking on times that my competitors have done as I am focusing on my own race. Indoors I had one of the slowest times among the competitors, but in the end, I finished my season with a personal best and one of the top times in the world and hoping for the same on Saturday as this will put me in a good position for the National Senior Championships,” she added. “I have competed in two 100 metres races so far this season, doing 11.17 seconds in a positive 2.1 metres per second wind and 11.49 in a massive negative wind, and I am hoping that the conditions will be OK on Saturday so I can post a special time,” she concluded. Evans will face the likes of her countrywomen Kerron Stewart, Christania Williams and Schillone Calvert-Powell, along with the American Allyson Felix, Jenna Prandini and Morolake Akinosun and Trinidad and Tobago’s Michelle -Lee Ahye. AFTER an outstanding indoor season, Sprntec’s Gayon Evans will be hoping to build on her new-found confidence when she lines up in the women’s 100 metres at Saturday”s Jamaica International Invitational meet inside the National Stadium. The former Edwin Allen High student was eighth in the event a year ago and expects to much better this year. “I am looking forward to the expected great competition, and I am hoping to do very well as my confidence is still high coming off a very good indoor season,” she said. Evans thinks she is ready for something special, but declined to predict a time. Good preparationlast_img read more

How I survived Dusit attack-Kalekwa narrates

first_img“I had just arrived and we were queuing for our turn to be checked and we were third in line before suddenly we heard a loud bang and suddenly the air was filled with smoke. I told my driver to turn because at first we thought it’s a robbery and in the middle of the confusion we managed to leave,” Kalekwa revealed.He added; “When I got home and switched on the Television that’s when I realized what was going on. I was traumatized, I still am and I did not even tell my wife about it because I was shaken. I thank God that I am alive.”-Impromptu meetingSofapaka President Elly Kalekwa addressing players. Photo/TIMOTHY OLOBULUThe Congolese business mogul said he would have been inside the hotel earlier, were it not for an impromptu meeting he had with one of his associates.“God does things in his own way. I just talked to him (business partner) on the way and I said I would meet him before going to the gym and that caused some delay. God knows that he still has a lot of work for me to do here and with the club to run,” Kalekwa further said as he also narrated the same story to his players after the Thursday afternoon session.The siege that lasted almost 18 hours took 21 lives as at Wednesday evening, with figures released by the Interior Ministry through the Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinett.A reported group of six gunmen, all murdered at the end of the siege by members of the elite General Service Unit Recce Squad stormed the business premise that hosts a number of companies and hotels at about 3:20pm Tuesday afternoon shooting at anyone and everyone the nozzles of their guns pointed at.-Suicide bomberA suicide bomber started off the gory terrorist attack before the other gunmen swung in, killing innocent Kenyans and expatriates who were going about their ordinary business of the day.Among those killed is popular YouTuber and freelance journalist James Oduor alias Odu Cobra who worked at South Korean Electronics Company LG whose offices are located in the expansive establishment.0Shares0000(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Sofapaka president Elly Kalekwa met with his players at their training ground in Ruiru on Thursday, January 17, 2019, just two days after he almost was caught in between the DusitD2 terror attack. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluNAIROBI, Kenya, Jan 17 – Were it not for the 15-minute delay for an impromptu meeting, Sofapaka owner and President Elly Kalekwa would have been among the victims of the terrorist attack at the DusitD2 Complex on Tuesday afternoon.Kalekwa, speaking to Capital Sport on Thursday afternoon said he was at the entrance of the hotel with his car undergoing the routine security check before the first set of bombs exploded at the entrance.last_img read more